The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE) at California Northstate University provides leadership in developing a comprehensive, integrated program of planning, assessment, and institutional research that assists the University in achieving its mission and goals.
The OIE facilitates the following:
- Improvements in student learning, student services, and administrative processes
- Institutional and educational effectiveness efforts to internal and external audience
- Guidance and support for the University assessment cycle to assess Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) through Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs), Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs), Co-Curricular Learning Outcomes (CoCuLOs), and Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs).
- Coordination of Program Reviews that contribute to the mission and strategic goals of the University
- Closing of the assessment loop by providing data and facilitating the use of research to make data-driven, informed decisions.
- Leadership for and facilitation of the regional accreditation process.